Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time (something I wrote a few months ago)

(9/22/10)

No light, no reassurance from the eyes I trust the most.
I look longingly into the deep seas of blue. Hoping for a wave.
A movement. A shimmer of hope. A glint of happiness.
But I find none.

A sea of lonely consumes me. I am left with nothing.
My hopes and dreams are shattered.
They crash against the pavement. Then against the mighty rocks.
I feel a layer of heat around me. Then a cold breeze cuts
through me.

I do not move against the sand. The sand surrounds my feet.
I close my eyes. I let it take me. Away from the pain.
I do not suffer. I do not wake.

I am still breathing. I do not move.
I am thinking. Thinking of you.
How I wish you were right next to me.
You move me in a way I can not move myself.

You have kept me safe for a long time.
I can not find a way to thank you.
I thought time was on our side, but it was the enemy.
It took you away. I curse time. It hates me.
And I hate it.

I hate it for taking so long. I hate that it is always the answer.
No one knows how horrible it is. No one understands how painful.
Time is sharp. Time is quick. Time is heavy, slick, and thick.
Time moves slowly. Time stands still.

Time manipulates. And captures you against your will.
Time takes advantage. Time feeds on your every breath.
Time consumes you. Time becomes you. Time is your fear.

I see no light upon the sea of blue surrounding me.
I feel no warmth. I feel no cold. I feel no fear.
There is nothing to hold. I am lost and alone.
You have not found me. I do not feel if you are near.
I only wish that I could hear the sound of your voice.
Whisper my name. Tell me that time is on our side, again.

Please tell me that you are back and here to stay.
Don't let time take you away.

1 comment: